mod_cpsearch problem with Search by Date Range

• subn3t
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #1383 by subn3t
After the installation of the paid version, the search by date does not work at all.

When you select a start date it always says "Start date must be equal or greater than today"

Can someone from the support explain how to fix this because this function is very important for us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #1385 by andrea_4g

• subn3t
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #1386 by subn3t
I am sorry but I do not see anything that can help there. I read everything there and do not see any fix.
The module is enabled and the Search by Date Range set to "yes"
In fact whatever date I select which is different from today - it always says the same - Start date must be equal or greater than today.
How can the start date be greater than today ??? In the future ? Please help.

More
10 years 7 months ago #1387 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic mod_cpsearch problem with Search by Date Range
Please double check that parameter "Use 'Event mode' to search by date:" is set to "No".
This parameter changes the search logics.

If the problem is not solved after that, please let us have the url of your site (via email)

• subn3t
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #1388 by subn3t
The problem is I cannot find such parameter. Where should it be located?

Regards,
Stefan

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #1389 by andrea_4g
Replied by andrea_4g on topic mod_cpsearch problem with Search by Date Range
My fault. I failed to keep into consideration that you upgraded to Custom Properties for Joomla 1.5.

This version of CP has only the date-range-search "event mode"
That is a very specialized search that considers the creation date of the article as the beginning of the event, and end publishing date as the end of the event.

The following example explains why you can't enter a date before today.
Let's assume that there's no date validity check.

You have one event that starts the first of January 2013 (created date 1st of Jan) and ends the 31st of July 2013 (end publishing 31st Jul).

You search for events from the 1st of July onward. The event is returned among the results, because its ending is past the search date.
Code:
2013-01-01|------------event-------------------|2013-07-31 ^-------------2013-07-01----date from ------------------------------------------------today------^

The problem is that if you click on the article you get an error from Joomla, because the end publishing date is earlier than today. In other words, you are trying to open an already expired article.

So, instead of having CP to return articles that can't be opened, we prevent this problem to happen by forcing the dates to be past today.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by andrea_4g.

Time to create page: 0.610 seconds